call for submissions
MARGŌ COLLECTIVE is open from the 6th of February to submissions for the anthology Chains: Unheard Voices
In honour of the centenary of the women’s vote, we’re launching an open call for short stories exploring the idea of chains. A hundred years ago women were chaining themselves to the grille partition that kept them separate and “out of the way” at the House of Commons. So, in light of this, we want to read compelling interpretations on the theme of chains from the unheard voices of today.
We’re hungry for your stories on the theme of chains in whatever capacity that might be. Whether it’s your gender, age, location, race, sexuality, we want to expose the truth of your individual worlds. Winning stories will be published in an anthology and each author will receive a flat fee.
- Fictional short stories between 2,500 and 3,000 words
- The story must be unpublished and written in English
- One submission per person
- Sent as a Word document attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph about yourself in the email itself. We do not accept postal submissions.
- We don’t mind how the document is formatted – double spaced, single spaced, although we will judge you severely for the use of Comic Sans or Papyrus.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, 29th of March 2018. We will respond to each submission as soon as we can. Follow us on Twitter for updates.
In the meantime, we’re always looking to publish your work!…
MARGŌ COLLECTIVE is currently looking for new, unpublished and original writing.
We are looking for daring fiction that claws at the emotions and breaks expectations. Engaging prose of progressive voices and narratives unraveling the nuances of modern society. We are here to champion storytelling that is gritty, raw and honest.
If your manuscript fits the bill* send it here email@example.com. Here’s what we’d love to see from you:
– the first three consecutive chapters of your manuscript as .doc or .docx Word file
– a synopsis of the story and its main themes (we need to know the entire story as you have it planned out – twists, turns and the all important ending)
– a one A4 max covering letter detailing your work, writing experience, where the book fits in the market, its readership, information about any titles in the same field which might be seen as competition for your book (or give some indication of how yours differs from these etc.)
*what we don’t want: currently we’re not looking for poetry, short stories (unless it’s for our anthology Chains), chick lit, cozy crime, children’s books, graphic novels or general non-fiction.
We aim to get back to all submissions within three months of receipt.
We accept unsolicited submissions. Please note, we currently don’t accept postal submissions.